Pretty little bow...or not.

Sometimes my little clients don't want to cooperate and that is fine, because life isn't perfect.

 I know parents want the kids to behave and smile pretty for the camera, but then we would miss out on those moments where the child is acting, well, like a child!
I mention this because I recently had a family shoot where half-way into it, the little girl melted down. (I want to remind you that I have an Autistic son, so I am no stranger to melt downs.) Her mother was so upset with this behavior, after all it was ruining the "perfect" family photo session. I assured her that even though she was upset at the moment, she would appreciate the photos I took of the tantrum later. When she reviewed her images, she not only appreciated the images, she said  "We love them all! Even the ones where she is crying. You were right. My favorite is the one where the three of us are posing and she is off to the side, love it!"
I guess that is my job after all. Not only to capture what the client says they want, but what they really want and will love. Even if it isn't perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Love the family shot, the 'meltdown' makes it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete